Friday, October 14, 2011

30 Weeks or 7 Months



How Far Along: 30 Weeks

Maternity Clothes: Luckily, my good friend Bethany loaned me some of her maternity clothes so I've been sporting her cute shirts lately. Soon, I'm sure of it, I will have to buy at least one pair of pants, but with temps hovering around 100 this past week, it's not on my immediate TO DO list.

Best Moment This Week: The modified bed rest I've been restricted to is actually working! My contractions have slowed down a ton and I, in turn, have been much more comfortable. I've been seeing my doctor every week and the best thing I heard this week was, "I don't think I need to see you for 2 more weeks." Hooray!

Movement: Sweet Pea is officially kicking my ribs but, luckily, not too much yet. Still, her activity level is mighty similar to Gracie's activity level in the womb. And we all know what she's like. :)

Food Cravings: I have been craving produce and ice water pretty consistently. And ramen.

What I Miss: The use of my abs. These poor guys are wearin thin. Lots more grunting these days.

Sleep: It's pretty hit and miss. Some night are ok, others take forever for me to get to sleep and/or I wake up every few hours. I wouldn't say I'm sleeping horribly yet, but I can't remember the last time I slept well through the night.

What I'm Looking Forward To: A few weeks ago, Robby made the comment, "I'm so glad we get to say 'our kids' again." I'd forgotten that we once were actually able to say "our kids" instead of "our kid" or "only one kid" and I'm really looking forward to saying we have "kids" again. I hadn't realized how much I missed it.

Symptoms: Less contractions but pretty much the same amount of headaches. I cannot wait for these to not be part of my daily routine again.

Most Awkward Moment This Week (only because there definitely was one): At my doctor's appointment, I saw the P.A. in the office instead of my doctor and it was my first time meeting her. She was great and had excellent bedside manner. After going through all the regular stuff and making some small talk, she glanced down at my chart and said, "So, you're gonna have two girls and a boh . . . . two girls!" Exactly like that. I wanted to diffuse the awkward situation immediately, the way I always have with anyone who has suddenly become uncomfortably aware that I lost my son, but she plowed right through with some more small talk about having girls and buying clothes for them and wondering how she would raise them. It was a really good save, probably the best I've ever come across, I just wish I would have had the chance to say, "Really, it's ok." I hate the thought of someone I've had any kind of personal conversation with being uncomfortable about Gus' death in any way. It makes me more uncomfortable than anything else and this woman was really the first person I wasn't able to explain all that to. Perhaps the next time I see her. Until then, she did give me a funny moment to think about.

2 comments:

Jami said...

I seriously loved the day I wore my first pair of maternity jeans, but that was in October in Utah so much more comfortable than AZ. Also, completely beside the point but I wanna know what you think about Devil in the White City. I've started it twice and just can't power through the boring beginning so let me know if it's worth it!

Cathy said...

I really like the PA at that office. She was at almost all of my appointments for the last month or two and came to my delivery as well. She was very encouraging during delivery which was super helpful.