Thursday, October 6, 2011

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent


I forgot to give the monetary breakdown for the laundry soap:
(I bought everything at Walmart)

1 4lb box Borax: $2.98
1 4lb box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda: $2.12
1 4 lb box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda: $3.24
2 bars Zote soap: $1.94 @ $.97 each
2 small Oxi-Clean: $7.72 @ $3.86 each (If you can find the off-brand, it's probably cheaper.)

Total: $14.76
Use 1 tablespoon per load.

Now onto the dishwasher detergent:



1 4lb box Borax: $2.98
1 4lb box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda: $3.24
24 pkgs unsweetened lemonade drink mix: $2.88 @ $.12 each
3 cups Epsom Salt: 4 lb bag $3.28 (If you have any left over, it's probably cheaper.)
1 bottle Lemi Shine (I guess this doesn't work well without it): $3.66
Total: $14.92

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and put in container of your choice and use 1 tablespoon per load. Robby happens to be a connoisseur of containers so I used 2 of those Walmart brand one gallon ice cream containers. Also, apparently the mixture hardens, so separating it is a good idea, too. I am also waiting to run out of my current detergent to use this so I'll be sure to update when I know how it works.

I also got this from Being Creative to Keep My Sanity. She has TONS of awesome tutorials.

Those are all the ideas I have for now. And so, until my next motivational burst . . .

No comments: