Friday, December 9, 2011

38 Weeks or 9 Months


How Far Along: 38 Weeks. I've never been this pregnant before.

Maternity Clothes: Shirts no longer cover my entire tummy and the cold weather here lately has made it obvious. But I'm 9 months pregnant, for goodness sakes. Body presentation is pretty much the very last thing on my mind.

Best Moment This Week: A beyond wonderful woman from my ward dropped by the other day. We are friends on facebook and I was asking people around here where I could get a pedicure for a good deal. I fully intended to use this woman's suggestion, I just hadn't gotten to it yet, when, out of the blue, she stopped by to give me a gift certificate to get myself a pedicure. How amazing is that? It could not come at a better time. My feet are really bearing the brunt of this load.

Movement: Not much to say except there is lots and lots of movement that I am grateful for. Even though some kicks and squirms are painful, they at least tell me she is still alive in there and that's really all I want.

Food Cravings: Chocolate, chewy and crunchy things. Really, I'm all over the place, but those stick out the most lately.

What I Miss: Walking/shifting/moving without pain in my pelvis. I do ok generally and some days are better than others, but I'll be glad when I don't have to hold my breath to prep for the pain of getting out of bed.

Sleep: I'm tired a lot but during the night it's pretty hit or miss. I'm at least afforded time to nap during the day and for that I am grateful.

What I'm Looking Forward To: The moment when Pearl comes out, gets cleaned up and checked out, is deemed healthy and then placed on my chest to keep her warm. Then all I have to do is love and snuggle her and tell her how much I love her. I haven't been able to think about much but being able to physically hold and love this girl. My arms have been empty for so long, I'm honestly just aching to hold her.

Symptoms: Occasional contractions but nothing too serious. Aching feet but I've been fortunate enough not to swell at all this pregnancy. I feel full of water in my limbs, but it doesn't show, thank goodness. I really can't believe how well my body has done this pregnancy. Unless I get further intelligence, I'm going to attribute it to the exercising I was able to do, and for the luck of craving ice water for most of the pregnancy, causing me to drink a lot more water than I normally would.

Overall: I'm ready to see her but willing to wait. She must really love it in there.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

So excited for you! And you look fabulous by the way!

Neff Family said...

Wow, I would LOVE to look like that 9 months pregnant. Hot mama.