Thursday, July 12, 2012

Where Have I Been?

I have no really great reason for not blogging
except that I seem to use Instagram to keep track
of our daily activities more than anything.
Here's what we've been up to:


Pearl is 6 months old now (almost 7!) and eating
baby food with more vigor than Gracie ever did.
It's pretty fun to watch.


Gracie and I made cookies one day
and she was absolutely beside herself.


Gracie also cut her own hair again.
It turned out to be a good thing because
her hair was getting too long for me to
maintain along with my sanity.


Robby's been working in the yard
in 108 degree weather, for heaven sakes.
And Gracie is his dutiful, albeit chatty, sidekick.


And we left 3 days early to Gramma and Grampa's house
for the annual Rick and Pam Family Reunion,
thanks to Robby's nice boss
(Happy birthday, Mike!).

Now we are just kickin back waiting for all the fun to begin.

In the not so good news area:
I've been diagnosed with TMJ.
It. Is. Horrible.
3 weeks now of near-constant pain in my jaw when I eat
with no real relief besides medication now and then.
The dentist said it would cost between
$3000 and $7500 and I almost threw up on him.
So I'm exploring other less expensive avenues
before going into extreme debt over the whole thing.
Meanwhile, I eat soft foods and
try not to grind my jaw.

Now I will do my best to ignore the pain
and enjoy the time with my family.

No comments: