Saturday, August 18, 2012

Miss Pearl



She has been changing and growing in so many ways. She is 8 months old today! Here is what she is up to these days:

  • She has been working really hard on making a stinker face and she's getting really good at it.
  • She will fall asleep on my shoulder! Not once did Gracie ever do this, not even when she was a newborn. I plan to make sure she does this into her late teens.
  • She eats everything! But she's pretty over baby food by now. Too much work for not enough belly filling, it would seem. So she's eating mostly what I'm eating which is chicken, vegetables, fruits and whatever else I can get in her mouth. She's such a good baby.
  • She got her first tooth! It's all by it's lonesome on the bottom but I fully expect a few more to make an appearance soon, according to her attitude and health.
  • She rolls around like crazy on the bed (as demonstrated by her fall a couple weeks ago) but when she gets on the floor, she'll only sit or lay down. I guess it's too hard a surface. She'll get there.
  • Instead of crawling or scooting, she slides herself backwards on the floor, farther and farther away from the toy she is trying to get, poor little thing.
  • She will bob her head to music, rocking out to whatever has just the right beat for her liking.
  • She adores her older sister. She thinks she is the funniest thing and always tries to find her when she hears her coming in the room. Its the sweetest thing and I'm so glad they have each other. 
Basically, she brings more joy to my life than I ever thought possible and gives me a whole new appreciation and love for Gracie, as well. Not to mention a better understanding of motherhood in general, which I'm sure will continue to grow in time. Who knew a new little baby could do all that? Now all we need is Gus to come back to us and everything will be perfect.

No comments: