Friday, November 9, 2012

An Accident, Among Other Things

 
Almost immediately after my last post, Robby and I went on our anniversary date. We dropped off the girls at Aunt Andrea's and started driving to the movie theater on Stapley. On our way there, in stop and go traffic, some crazy guy plowed into us smashing us into the Tahoe in front of us. Our poor little Nissan Versa was sandwiched and totaled. We walked away with some bumps and bruises and lots of soreness.
 
Luckily, my sister-in-law Karen lived close by and came to pick us up and took us to the hospital. Then she picked up our girls and picked us back up from the hospital a few hours later and took us all home. We got a rental car the next day and our symptoms have only been getting worse ever since the accident.
 
Also, my life has not slowed down one bit. I'm almost constantly busy and have had to ask for help in the form of babysitters almost every single day this week. Luckily, my other sister-in-law, Julie, moved back to town (hooray!!) and is now my steady source of babysitting when I have to go to physical therapy for my low back, where I may have a slipped disk.
 
So we are just here, pluggin along, trying to do the best we can with the pains we have. It's such a hassle to deal with everything but hopefully it will all work out and we'll still be left with our sanity.
 
In other news, the weather was in the 90s a few days ago, and now we're in the 70s today, 60s tomorrow! The weather has been perfect and we've had a picnic in the front yard and some fun playtime in the back. It's making me really wish we had a swing set or something in our back yard so we didn't have to walk all the way to the school park. Maybe for Christmas.
 
Anyway, we're alive, the girls are great and we love being together when we get those few chances. In this month of thanksgiving, I am especially thankful for my little family and the life we have together.


No comments: