Thursday, February 7, 2013

Balancing




























I don't think I ever really had a vision of what my life would be like when I was younger. I was, and still am, a more "live in the moment" type of person. But when I got married, I knew how things should go and what would naturally happen with the male and female roles, etc. I took it on full force and tried my best but did not seem to get the fulfilment from it I felt I needed.

Years go by and all the while I'm trying this and that looking for something else. Never mind the fact that I feel completely guilty for not just loving my life. Then one day this random opportunity falls into my lap, some encouragement said here, a conversation had there, and I feel I have found something of what I'd been looking for all those years. I have a purpose inside the home as well as out and I feel enriched by it.

Robby has a full time job and now I have a part time job and we are always juggling kids and schedules. At least twice a week Robby is left to put the girls to bed all by himself while I work, which is a feat in itself, and when I walk in the door to a quiet house knowing he's taken care of things, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for this wonderful man. I don't think I've heard a negative comment yet out of him regarding the situation.

Mostly, I'm just grateful that I get to work at a job that I enjoy and am told I'm good at and at the same time be able to help provide for our family. I feel useful and helpful and I think that's all I've been looking for. I know being a mother is useful and helpful but the ones you are helping never know you need to hear it. I don't think I knew I needed to hear it until now.

I feel a little more balanced now and I owe it all to Robby.

1 comment:

Anjanette said...

I love this post! I'm so happy that you are feeling happy & more balanced. It's amazing how something as simple as a part time gig can boost morale! You two make a great team.