Monday, May 13, 2013

The Cycle of Depression

I've been going through some rough stuff the past few weeks. Tonight I hit the wall. Practically all at once I felt my heart droop, my appetite vanish and my mind cloud up. I've never had it hit this fast before but those three things are what I watch for if I feel I'm headed into a depressive cycle.

I hate having no control over it. I hate how the cycle comes even when I'm dutifully taking all my required medication. I hate how it affects my family. 

I wish I had a positive note to end this on, but I can't seem to find one except that I'm so grateful Robby is starting to understand this difficult part of my life and is always as supportive as possible.

Now, to get through it.

1 comment:

crazy lady said...

Ah Mel! Dang. Life can be so tough sometimes. It's especially hard when you are doing your level best and things still pile up. Hang in there and continue to do what you can. It's great that you have such a supportive and understanding partner in life.
I'll be praying for you Missy.
Love you!