Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year Revelations


Gracie keeps calling resolutions "revelations" for some reason. It's not totally inappropriate.

So I turned 29 on Saturday and, I won't lie, it was a tough one for me. It's SO close to 30 and I'm scared of 30. But it's coming so I know I need to just get on board. So I decided to make a 30 by 30 list.

Only it's like a million times harder than I thought it would be! I'm all bogged down in details like: "What constitutes a goal?" or "Is this just something I should be doing every day anyway?" or "Does this one even count?"

Needless to say, it's been tough. It seems to be coming down to what I want, what is practical, and what I can afford. I certainly won't be backpacking through Europe (nor do I want to). And all the similar goals I'm finding online seem to be for the unmarried group. I can't really find any I relate to.

If you've followed this blog as many years as it's been running, you know I hate making resolutions and usually make a point to avoid them. But this year feels different. I feel compelled to make a list of 10 resolutions and also a 30 by 30 list. It's overwhelming but it feels necessary.

I want to keep this blog about the girls and my family. In the past I've made it more about me but I'd like another place for just me and my issues and to leave this place for my wonderful family.

You can find me over here.

No comments: